Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kit's Glass Etchings Website

It's been an arse load of time since I updated my website, so I decided to just buckle down and do it today! Part of my hesitance to get it done has to do with the fact that I plan on moving the whole site over to a new domain soon, and lot's of changes are going to be made! So, updating the Kit's Glass... one seems kind of futile! Still, until I actually get off my butt and start the new website I will have to keep the old one going!

What did I do today? Well, I completed the ArtFire and Etsy pages on my site so that they include (nearly) all of my listings n those shops. I also messed around a bit with the header on my page. I think the new site is going to have a custom header, because I really don't like the options available in Microsoft Office Live.


I have added a lot of items to my shops since I last wrote a blog entry, mostly my smaller bottles and ooak necklaces. The prices of the necklaces are still not where I want them to be, so if you see one you like, I strongly suggest picking it up now before I start reassessing their value! Also, the new Flying Saucer necklace I put in my Etsy shop was an experiment I did just for the hell of it. So, I probably won't be making any more retro spaceship type items, even though I do like the way it came out! It's just not a genre I would generally work in.


BTW, ArtFire is my new favorite, in case you couldn't tell by the entry on my other blog here ;) I love the people there, I love the one page listing forms, and I LOVE that my customers don't need to sign up for an account! You can expect to see a slowdown in the items I put in my Etsy shop, and a growth in the ones that go to ArtFire. Also, because I pay monthly, I can list some of my more high end items on ArtFire without worrying about transaction fees! This is a huge plus for me because I truly enjoy the OOAK pieces more than the smaller ones I make over and over.


I'm trying to come up with ideas about what to include in my new website, so if you have anything you'd like to see, please let me know! The new site will include paintings, sculptures, and anything else my heart desires as far as art goes, so it won't just be Kit's glass anymore. I'm warning you right now, I looooove dragons!
I apologise for the scatter-brained look of this blog post today! It's hot out, and I'm trying to finish so I can head out to my folks and jump in their pool! Anyways, like I said, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me, or write in my comments! Thanks!
~Kit

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to fly by and let you know that I admire your etchings! I just may inquire about some personal bottles.
    Beautiful work!
    I'm following you! And I found out about you thru Mrs. B's 31 Days of Halloween! <{:O)

    ReplyDelete